06 January 2008

Check Your Flight Status & Know Your Options

Web: www.fishfotoworldwide.com -- E-Mail: fish@fishfoto.com

06/01/08 - Check Your Flight Status & Know Your Options

When we travel our personal schedule revolves around our airline schedule. While this may not be the case in our day to day schedule while on the road, it is certainly true on the days we are flying.

The best web site I have found for checking my flights is Flight Stats (www.flightstats.com). Hands down, this is the best site for up to the moment accuracy on flight departures and arrivals. I check Flight Stats religiously when flying, not only to check my departure flight but my connecting flights as well. There is nothing worse than being in transit knowing that you will miss your connection! If I know that I will miss my connection before my flight departs I can start making phone calls to correct this problem and give myself the best options for not disrupting my travel schedule.

You can search your flights easily. Searches can be performed by Airline/Flight Info, Route and by Airport! This easy to use interface makes the process of checking your flights.

When searching flights you can search by "primary flight" info or by "code share" info. An example of this is Air France (AF) Flight 023, departing JFK at 4:55pm heading to Paris (CDG), also flies as a Delta Airlines (DL) flight 8601. This is great if you are searching by route, because most people ticket for DL Flt 8601 have no idea the flight is really AF 023 , all they know is that their flight says "Check In With Air France At JFK Terminal 1."

As an added feature to make using Flight Stats are tools that you can set to have your self e-mailed or called with updated flight information prior to your departure. This feature has worked for me in the past when the status of a flight has changed during my hour drive out to the airport.

Knowing your options can allow you to travel more relaxed and be in control of your schedule.

Happy Flying!

No comments: