20 January 2007

07-December-2006 Hong Kong, People's Republic of China

Web: www.fishfoto.com -- E-Mail: fish@fishfoto.com

07-December-2006 Hong Kong, People's Republic of China

Well here we are, two days into my journey (remember I cross the international date line) , I am well rested, despite having cozied up on the floor of the terminal at HKG. The secret to this again has to do with choosing my flights in such a way that I could rest on the flight over knowing that today would be an extreme marathon. This marathon does not only relate to work, but also due to time zone changes, carrying everything I have packed on my back at all times and trying to keep myself on such a schedule that I will not be heavily affected by jet lag when I get home.

The key to working this way is having my two meetings as early as possible in the day then immediately heading back to the airport to relax. I know, people fly all the way from New York to Hong Kong they want to go out and see the city. Believe me, I'd love to go see the city, but I know what is ahead for me, I know that my body needs rest and I know what I have to do to stay alert on this trip.

Once I arrive back at HKG I check in and immediately head to a public lounge with showers. For me the Air France lounge , which I was allowed to access due to their partnership with Korean Airlines. I check in, ate a small snack and headed for a shower. Once I showered and changed clothes I proceeded to take a quick nap in the lounge then go for a walk.

Despite being tired walking around the airport for three hours is good because of all the flying I have a head of me. I found a quiet spot,went found some food, brought it back to the quiet spot and relaxed while eating my meal. Then back to the Air France lounge to get some work done,follow up on e-mails, and watch a movie.

As Midnight approaches I know I have a huge marathon coming. On the 8th , with the international date line, time zones and other factors I will fly on three "long haul" overnight flights. This is the maximum number of red-eye flights you can on one date, and technically this should be a somewhat impossible schedule if you try and book it through the airlines, but this is how I am choosing to maximize my schedule.

Off to the shower again before I go.....why the shower? The more I shower I get a quick wake up and I feel more refreshed, which makes this kind of travel easier on me.

Then to my gate for a flight from Hong Kong (HKG) to Incheon, South Korea (ICN)

-Click On The Photos Below To Enlarge The Image-



No comments: